By Rick Kaempfer
    In This Week In Wrigley History
    Apr 23rd, 2017
    4 Comments
    2655 Views
    April 23, 1914. One day after the Cubs drew the smallest Opening Day crowd in their history, a new ballpark opened on Addison & Clark. At the time, it was called “Weeghman Park”, and the team that played there was in the Federal League. This is how the Chicago Tribune described that ...
    By Rick Kaempfer
    In Today's Cub Birthday
    Apr 23rd, 2017
    0 Comments
    1026 Views
    ~Dolph Camilli 1907 (Cubs 1933-1934) After Cubs owner William Wrigley and team president Bill Veeck Sr. died, the club was handed to an inexperienced fish wholesaler named William Walker. He traded Dolph to the Phillies for Don Hurst. Camilli went on to hit over 200 home runs, made two all-star teams...